Mastering After Effects Shape Layers
Monday, April 17 | 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM PT
Pass Required: Post Production World Pass
Don't have this pass? Register Now!
Log in to your myNAB Show to join the zoom meeting!
This Session Has Not Started Yet
Be sure to come back after the session starts to have access to session resources.
After Effects shape layers are powerful, but can also be dense and unintuitive at times. This session will de-mystify some of the more advanced/lesser-known features of shape layers, showcasing ways to leverage their power in your everyday work.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- The internal structure and logic of shape layers
- How to combine shapes to build complexity, but with flexibility and control
- Using and applying operators like Trim Paths, Offset, Repeater and Wiggle Transform
- Creating complex looks on a single shape layer
- Using shape layers to create your own useful everyday presets
If you find the endless twirl-downs in a shape layer daunting, or often find yourself using 10 layers to create a couple simple shapes (and wishing there were a better way to do it), this session is for you. Ideal for any After Effects user looking to get more control of this commonly misunderstood feature.