Step Away from the Machine: Being Productive Away from Your Desk
Originally Aired - Tuesday, April 18 | 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM PT
This Session Has Not Started Yet
Be sure to come back after the session starts to have access to session resources.
Managing stress while remaining productive… seems too good to be true. Today, more than any other time in history, this “unicorn” of an idea is more attainable than ever.
In this session we will discuss the importance of leaving your desk, and how that can actually lead to an increase in productivity. We will also explore the wide array of tools available to portable devices which you can later integrate into your desktop workflow.
We’ll cover several topics:
- Take a quick look to acknowledge the negative effects of sitting at a desk all day
- How to integrate small breaks into your workday to actually increase productivity
- Ways to use your portable devices to capture elements for use in projects
- Techniques to still break up your day even when you can’t leave the building
- Understanding the psychology of focus and productivity to make work better