Trying to marry his passion for cars and cameras, AJ began shooting automotive videos with his high school friends. His work caught the attention of some local car dealerships, and at age 22 he left his job at Apple to pursue filmmaking full-time. He founded Advent Films two years later, and quickly became a regular shooter for elite vehicle manufacturers like Ferrari, McLaren, Aston Martin, Porsche, Tesla Motors, and many more. In 2019 at age 27 AJ was accepted into the DGA as one of the Guild’s youngest directors. Known for dynamic angles and an unforgiving attention to detail, his portfolio now includes a wide variety of photo and video work for many of the world’s most prestigious brands and ad agencies. When he’s not working on movies or driving cars, AJ is either working on movies or driving cars.
- Building Your Own Production Company from the Ground Up
- Sunday, April 16 • 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM PT
- Directing the Visual Story
- Monday, April 17 • 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM PT
- Creative Rigging to Get the Shot
- Tuesday, April 18 • 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM PT